In general the industry provides basic limited liability coverage of $2/pound.
This insurance only applies if the carrier’s negligence with respect to the damaged merchandise can be clearly proven. Sotech Nitram’s cargo insurance, on the other hand, insures the value of the load (rather than the carrier) regardless of how the damage or loss was caused. The main advantage of our cargo insurance is that the insurance company will indemnify you based on the value of your merchandise and will take charge of all possible recourses against whoever is responsible. Each product is provided with a unique insurance rate, determined by the merchandise to be transported and the transportation method. Regular merchandise (steel, wood, machinery, etc.) is not insured at the same rate as fragile items (luxury goods, furniture, architectural components, glass display cases, etc.
Advantages with Sotech Nitram’s cargo insurance:
- Partnership with a highly-respected insurance broker specializing in the logistics industry
- Unique insurance rate, determined by the merchandise to be transported and the transportation method
- Eliminates legal disputes with carriers, since the responsibility of the driver is no longer an issue.
- Cost of the cargo insurance offered at competitive rates
- Available network of claim adjusters
- Numbered insurance certificate